Longford Families First is a new project funded through the Big Lottery Fund's Reaching Communities programme.
Based in Densham Avenue, The Children's Society will be working with GGHT, offering activities for the families, children and young people of Longford and events that the whole family can attend together.
The service is available to families with children aged between 6 and 13.
What they offer:
Following community consultation in the summer of 2013, Longford families identified the need for a
wide range of early help services.
- Community based children's and junior youth groups
- Issue-based group work in schools
- One-to-one support to parents and carers, children and young people
- 'Understanding your child/ren's behaviour' sessions
- Opportunities to meet other children, parents and carers
- Information and advice sessions
- Improving skills courses
- Family consultations that deliver impartial and independent advice
- Information and support for parents, children and young people
- Supporting families to develop, maintain and enhance their well-being
- Partnering schools and other agencies to provide a seamless service
- Family activities
- Volunteering opportunities.
- 4-5.30pm – Children’s Group (school years 2-5 only – sign up required – please ask at project for details)
- 6-7.30pm – Junior Youth Group together with Engage Warrington Wolves (school years 6-9 only – sign up required – please ask at project for details)
- 9.30-11.30am – Surviving Your Teenager course (on-going programme - please ask at project for details)
- Young people’s Issue Based Group work Beamont Collegiate Academy
- 4-5pm – Engage with Warrington Wolves (ages 7-11 sign up required – please ask at project for details)
- 9.30-11.30am Positive Thoughts Course (for parents)
- Nurturing Programme for Parents Starting in September 2014 at 9.30am – 12noon at the Smile Building (on-going programme - please ask at project for details)
- 1-3.pm Parents of school age children drop-in
Individual family support or advice also available - for more information on all of the above please call 01925 454 791, email WRN@childrenssociety.org.uk
or drop in to 47 Densham Ave, Longford.