Money is tight at the moment for most people and many people are cutting costs. Are you one of them?
Here are some simple tips you can use to take control and save money...
Save money on your shopping bill...
- Shop at larger shops they are cheaper, not convenience stores they tend to be more expensive.
- Use online comparison sites to get the best deals.
- Always use a shopping list and stick to it.
- Make a menu for the weeks meals… this will make your shopping list easier.
- Don’t buy branded products…. Buy own labels.
- Don’t buy your lunch everyday – make a packed lunch.
- Shop around for the offers and bargains.
- Shop later in the evening to get the reduced/ yellow label items.
- Don’t shop hungry …… you’ll buy more.
- If you don’t need it then don’t buy it.
Essential & Non Essential…
There are 2 types of bills/outgoings ESSENTIAL and NON-ESSENTIAL.
Essential bills could include:
- Utilities – gas, electric, water
- Council Tax
- TV Licence (if you have a TV)
Non-essential bills could include:
- Sky/Virgin/TV Streaming subscription
- Mobile phone
- Gym membership
- Food treats – sweets, take-a-ways, eating out
Think carefully about the things that you spend money on that are non-essential. Whether you are in employment or not it is sensible to ask yourself if non-essentials are really that important.