Paying by Direct Debit is cost-effective and convenient. It also means that you:
- don’t have to remember to pay your rent
- don’t have to queue to pay your rent
- are always up-to-date with your rent
- are protected by the direct debit guarantee.
Setting up a Direct Debit...
if you need any help filling in the form.
Why not think about paying a little extra...
Build up a 'rent buffer' by paying slightly more each payment. Build up a reserve for a rainy day - it could be as simple as rounding your payments up to the nearest pound!
Pay your rent by Direct Debit and receive bonuses...
- You will receive a further £5 from United Utilities for every year you continue to pay by Direct Debit.
- There is a choice of 6 payment dates if you want to pay monthly, or you can pay fortnightly on set Fridays. The choice is yours.
Set up a Bank Account with GGHT
In order to set up Direct Debits, you need a Bank Account. We work with tenants who don’t currently have bank accounts to help them set one up, so let us help you to set up your own acccount. There are many advantages of having an account:
A VISA Debit Card
- Free cash withdrawals at cash machines – no need to queue at the Post Office
- Safety – no need to carry large amounts of cash around with you
- Online Shopping – saving money by getting better deal.s
- Convenience – bills are automatically paid on specified date
- Budgets can be created quickly, and you can keep track of your payments easily
- You can make savings, for example you can get a dual fuel discount of up to £100 annually if you pay your energy bills by monthly Direct Debit
- You will have less chance of missing payments, so you can avoid late payment charges.
Improving Credit Score/Rating...
A current account with a bank helps you improve your credit rating, which can give you access to more affordable credit in the future. Once you have successfully set up the account, we will credit it with £10.