Basic Living Costs
There are lots of costs involved in running a home, and you need to make sure you can afford these before you accept a tenancy from us.
You can use a budget planner to help you work out if you can afford the property.
Before you take on a tenancy you will also need to attend a Pre Tenancy Workshop
, which covers issues around money and costs.
There are various benefits which may be available to help you meet the costs of a tenancy, whether you are working or not. You can speak to a GGHT Money Advice Worker for a full check on your entitlements. Some of the costs you will need to consider are:
- Rent & water charges
- Council tax
- Utility bills - gas, electric
- TV licence
- Cable/Satellite TV/Streaming Services
- Telephone/mobile phone
- Children’s expenses
- Transport - public transport, running a car
- Furniture, appliances and other household items
- Decoration and flooring
Alternatively, you can get more advice from the Government’s Money Advice Service, who also offer advice to help people make informed choices about their finances.
- Take control of your money
- Knowing your spending habits makes it easier to make change
- Make your money go further
- Avoid your debt getting out of control