Struggling to maintain your garden? Did you know that GGHT provide a basic low cost gardening service for tenants with a disability and people over 60? Many people need help to get their gardens tidy and looking good. To be eligible for the scheme tenants must have their own garden (any communal ones will be covered by WBC), be over the aged of 60, or can be under 60 if they have a disability.
The scheme costs £13.28 per week. If you claim Housing Benefit it will cover some or all of the cost depending on individual circumstances.
Each visit we will carry out the following tasks and leave your garden looking neat and tidy:
- Grass cutting and lawn edging
- Litter picking
- Grass cuttings and other debris will be removed from site , unless you request to keep them for composting or mulch.
Other tasks include:
- Hedge and shrub pruning (two times per year)
- Borders turned over (two times per year)
- Hard pruning of shrubs (October)
- Weed spraying of edges, hard surfaces and borders as required
There are no set time limits for our visits as all gardens are different shapes and sizes.
The service will run from March to October and you will receive 16 visits during this time, usually twice per month.
We will not tend gardens that have dog or cat fouling.