Coronavirus – Your Vital Gas Safety Check
Updated: 7 April 2020
We know this is a worrying time but your safety is our top priority. In this lockdown situation, we’re all spending more time at home so it’s essential that your gas appliances are working safely and you’re not at risk.
Your gas service is important - it is vital to that we continue these checks to keep you, your family, your neighbours and community safe. There is a legal requirement for us to complete essential safety checks at your home such as gas servicing – this has not changed due to Coronavirus!
If you have a gas check scheduled, in addition to your appointment letter we will be in contact with you prior to an engineer arriving to check that it’s safe for us to come out and you’re happy for us to proceed.
If your gas safety check is due, we will continue to contact you and arrange these checks.
- Your safety is a priority and we will complete the appointment as quickly as possible.
- Our gas engineers will follow full Safe Systems of Work protocols, practicing social distancing and increased hygiene protection in line with Public Health England Guidelines.
- You do not need to be in the room while they complete the inspection, so apart from allowing access you will not need to come in contact with the operative.
- We will only go into the rooms we need to carry out the work and will minimise any disturbance, leaving your home clean and tidy, including sanitising any surfaces touched.
If you refuse access:
- we will make a note, and rearrange your safety check based on your specific isolation criteria.
- you will continue to receive letters and contact about your gas safety check, because we must follow important gas safety procedures.
If you refuse access you will continue to receive letters and contact about your gas safety check, because we must follow important gas safety procedures.
Remember, carbon monoxide kills. If you can let us in, please do. However, if you have any concerns, wish to change your gas appointment or have any questions please get in touch:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call the 24/7 Gas Line: 01925 918597
Every 12 months we are legally obliged to check the safety of the gas appliances and gas supply in our homes.
It usually takes around 30 minutes. Not only does your annual gas service make sure that everything’s running efficiently, it helps keep you safe because any leaks faults or potential dangers can be quickly identified and dealt with. We can still carry out the check even if you have no gas credit, or if your gas is capped as we still need access to make sure it is safe.
We will always write to you ahead of the date of your gas service. So, if your appointment isn’t convenient you have plenty of time to let us know.
If, for whatever reason, you need to rearrange the date or time of your gas appointment you can:
- Drop us an email
- Call us 24/7 on 01925 918597
Please try to let us know ahead of the date of your original appointment so that we don’t turn up as planned.
Remember your annual gas safety check helps to keep you, your family and your neighbours safe. If you allow us access to carry out your gas safety check first time, you will be entered into a prize draw to win £100 of Love to Shop vouchers.
Failure to allow access to your home for your gas safety check is a breach of your tenancy and can result in us being forced into taking legal action, where you could incur court costs in excess of £1,000, lose your home or even go to prison.
Unless access is granted, you may also NOT be included in any improvement programmes to your home.