How to make a complaint
We try hard to provide the right services, at the right time and the right place. But we also understand that there are times when you might not be satisfied.
If you're not happy - we want to know about it straight away so that we can resolve things quickly for you. We are here to listen and learn and welcome your feedback, which helps us to develop and improve services for you.
You can make a complaint:
- By email to email@example.com
- In writing
- In person (please note due to Covid-19 restrictions our offices remain closed to the public, unless you have a specific appointment)
- By phone free on 0800 678 1894
What happens next?
We want to resolve your issue as quickly as possible and where appropriate we will work with you to provide a response or to put it right.
If we are unable to resolve you issue informally, it will go into the following formal two-stage procedure:
- Stage One – We will look to investigate and resolve your issue within 10 working days or less.
- Stage Two – If you are not happy with how we have managed your complaint in stage one, you can request an appeal . Your complaint will be escalated for review we will work towards resolving your issue within the next 20 working days or less.
If you’re still not happy
If you’ve gone through our complaints process and are still unhappy you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service. The Housing Ombudsman Service can be contacted at:
Housing Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9GE
Tel: 0300 111 3000 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:15 to 17:15)
Fax: 020 7831 1942
Housing Ombudsman Self-Assessment
The Housing Ombudsman has published a new Complaint Handling Code, setting out good practice that will allow landlords to respond to complaints effectively and fairly.
The Code will act as a guide for residents setting out what they can and should expect from their landlord when they complain.
Torus is required to self-assess against the Code and publish the results. You can download your copy of the Torus Housing Ombudsman Self-Assessment here (pdf).