No-one should live in fear of abuse or violence from a spouse, partner or any other member of their household. Domestic abuse affects the whole family. Don't suffer in silence, talk to someone that can help.
- Domestic violence and abuse can be actual or threatened and can happen once every so often or on a regular basis.
- It can happen to anyone, in all kinds of relationships.
- People suffer domestic abuse regardless of their social group, class, age, race, disability, sexuality or lifestyle.
- The abuse can begin at any time – in new relationships or after many years together.
- Children are affected by domestic abuse both in the short and long term.
In an emergency, always dial 999 - if you are unable to speak always press '55' when prompted to confirm an emergency.
Your local support services
If you are a Torus Warrington tenant you can contact us to discuss making your property more secure or to discuss your options in relation to housing. If you are seeking emergency accommodation in relation to domestic abuse you can contact the 24 hour helpline on 01925 220541. Find out more at Open The Door Cheshire.
- Warrington Women's Aid Refuge - 01925 417138 - www.womensaid.org.uk
- Refuge Warrington Independent Domestic Violence Abuse (IDVA) service - 01925 243359
- Online at www.cheshire.police.uk
- Facebook Direct Message: Warrington Police www.facebook.com/PoliceWarr/
- Twitter @PoliceWarr
For further help and support:
- Women’s Aid | womensaid.org.uk | 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Refuge (includes information for men) - 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- National Domestic Violence helpline on 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Men’s Advice Line 0808 801 0327 - advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
- Mankind 01823 334244 – advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse,
- 24-hour National Domestic Violence - Freephone Helpline 0808 2000 247
- PALADIN - National Stalking Advocacy Service - 020 3866 4107 / email@example.com
- LGBT Foundation Advice Support & Information - 0345 3 30 30 30
- Galop – LGBT+ Anti Violence charity - 0800 999 5428
- Police 101 (non-emergency)
- Contact @CrimestoppersUK, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- You can find out about more local and national domestic abuse support on the council’s website.
- Government advice