Staying Home is a new service which aims to keep older people out of hospital and live independently, safe, healthy and happy in their own homes and community for longer.
We do this by offering a variety of services, tailored to individual needs that help our customers remain independent, stay in control of their lives and enjoy a better quality of life.
How we can help:
- Help with claiming house costs and welfare benefits.
- Help arranging for mobility aids and property adaptations.
- Help ensuring your home is safe, warm and in a good state of repair.
- Help to make sure you are accessing affordable fuel.
- Budgeting support and money management.
- Help filling in forms, reading letters and setting up direct debits.
- Finding support for shopping, cooking, laundry and cleaning.
- Help you access our gardening service.
- Help you find other accommodation if you need it.
Health and wellbeing…
- Registering with a GP and dentist.
- Accessing NHS and other services.
- Referrals to occupational therapy.
- Help taking up new hobbies, skills or socialising.
- Getting online and using a computer.
- Arranging for volunteer support.
- Introduce you to a telephone befriending services.
- Help you find out about and join local community organisations.
If you feel you would benefit from the Staying Home Service please contact a member of the team at on firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01925 452424.
Read how the service has benefitted customers: