If you are homeless or are about to become homeless, the council's housingplus service can offer advice and help in finding alternative accommodation.
Depending on your personal circumstances, the council may have a duty to find this accommodation for you if you satisfy the following requirements and are within 28 days of losing your home:
- You are found to be legally homeless
- You are eligible for assistance
- You are in priority need
- You did not make yourself homeless intentionally, and
- You have a local connection to Warrington
If you become homeless outside of office hours and need emergency accommodation immediately you can contact the duty Homeless Officer by ringing the council's switchboard 24hrs a day 01925 444400.
Housingplus Services - Your One Stop Shop For Housing Advice
Housingplus offers a wide range of services for homeowners, tenants, landlords and people who have lost or are in danger of losing their homes. Services include:
- First time buyers: Help and advice on the local authority mortgage scheme (LAMS).
- Bond guarantee scheme: Assistance for local people on low incomes to access private rented sector housing.
- Rent a room: Turn your spare room into extra cash.
- Homelessness services: Assistance for the most vulnerable people with housing and accommodation needs
- Access to social housing: Advice and assistance to people who want to access social housing through CHOOSEaHOME.
- Disabled facilities grant
- Home energy efficiency: Advice on how to reduce your energy bill, including the new Green Deal.
- Housing advice for older people
- Mediation: A service that helps to keep people in their home by resolving issues and disputes between family members and between tenants & landlords.
- Professional advice services for tenants and private sector landlords.
- Sanctuary scheme: A service that provides security, safety and support measures to homes where people don't feel safe.
You will be seen by one of their advisors who will carry out an initial assessment of your housing needs so we can make sure that you receive the best service we can provide.
89-101 Sankey Street
(Direct access via Springfield Street)
Reception Open Hours:
Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri: 9am-5pm
Wed: 9am-12noon and 2-5pm
Drop in Service:
Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri: 9am-4pm
Wed: 9am-12noon and 2-4pm
Contact us to make an appointment, or drop-in